UC supports faculty, staff and retirees in their pursuit of a healthy lifestyle by building a culture that values health and well-being. UC Living Well, the university’s wellness program, provides activities and resources to help faculty, staff and retirees reach their wellness goals.
In addition to the programs, events and services provide to UCI faculty and staff by the UCI Living Well Program at the Campus and throughout the UC Irvine Health System, UCI faculty and staff also have the the following UC Living Well Benefits:
- Wellness Benefits through UC Health Plans
- Employees and retirees enrolled in UC group insurance plans can take advantage of the programs your medical, dental and vision plans provide, from preventive exams and screenings to programs to help you manage diabetes, high cholesterol and more.
Additional UC Benefit Resources
- Tobacco Cessation - Effective Jan. 1, 2014, all UC locations are smoke and tobacco free. See what resources are available to help the UC community be smoke free.
Active employees and non-Medicare retirees who are enrolled in the following medical plans have Optum as their behavioral health plan: Health Net Blue & Gold, UC Care, Blue Shield Health Savings Plan, Western Health Advantage, Kaiser Permanente*
*Kaiser members have the option of accessing behavioral health services through Kaiser or through Optum.
Whether you’re experiencing a breakdown in your normal child care, looking for an after-school sitter, a caregiver for an adult or elder loved one, or someone to walk the dog — Bright Horizons is here for you. Register Now For Your Free Membership. Avoid Worry Later.
- Sittercity - A robust network of locally based in-home care providers including:
- Self-selected, pre-screened caregivers
- Every day and occasional care (babysitters and nannies) for children and for special needs
- Elder caregivers
- Homework help, household, and pet care
- Years Ahead - A comprehensive solution to your adult/elder care needs including:
- Certified adult/elder care advisors and a needs assessment to guide your search for care
- Specialized facilities including memory care, hospice care, and independent/assisted-living communities
- In-home health care and dependent care
(EAP) is a free, confidential benefit available to All UCI employees, retirees and their families.
- Toll Free, 24/7: 1-844-824-3273
- Clinical Services
- Personal Assistance Services
- Work/Family Life Services
- Financial Services
The Coordinator of Faculty & Staff Mental Health Care and Respondent Services at UCI provides onsite consultative services & support to resolve behavioral health issues, serves as a primary crisis intervention resource to facilitate and coordinate appropriate resources, provides time-limited case management for individual employees, and develops and implements instructional training & materials to assist in the promotion of mental well-being for all UCI and UC Irvine Health faculty & staff.
Support is offered for a wide range of issues, including:
- work-related stress
- relationship/couples issues
- family problems
- depression, anxiety, and other emotional problems
- grief and loss
- alcohol, drug and other addictions
- consultations and training services for faculty and staff management
- respondent services
UCI Coordinator of Faculty & Staff Mental Health Care and Respondent Services:
Negar Shekarabi, Psy.D.
949.824.5208 | email@example.com
By appointment only. Please call or email first.
If it is a life threatening emergency/crisis please contact police by dialing 9-1-1.
For after hours non-emergencies please contact Guidance Resources EAP directly at 844-824-3273.
Faculty & Staff Mental Health Care
The UCI Health Care Facilitator can help campus and medical center employees and retirees obtain full utilization of their benefits and services from UC Health plans. The Health Care Facilitator can assist you with:
- Health plan or billing issues left unresolved after you have followed standard protocol
- Understanding your health plan coverage and rights and how Medicare benefits coordinate with UC medical plans
- Providing referrals to other campus or community resources and one-on-one counseling/problem solving of health care issues
- More >
UCI Health Care Facilitator:
University of California, Irvine
111 Theory Drive, Suite 200
949-824-9065 | firstname.lastname@example.org